Publication date: December 2015 - No. 71
Format: downloadable pdf - 17 pages
Buying farm machinery can be a difficult choice at the best of times however the array of air seeders and toolbars on offer makes it even tougher.
One of the keys when deciding which implement to purchase is matching the cropping requirements to the machine.
This will involve finding a seeder and bar that fit the agronomic parameters of the farm, taking into account factors such as stubble retention and load, inter row sowing ability, controlled traffic systems, soil types and soil throw just to name a few.
- Getting seeding right is critical
- Sowing seed gets bigger, smarter
- New metering
- Bourgault on tracks
- South African seeder
- Horsch power
- Tobin’s tornado
- Unique seeder is a speed demon
- Cool frames
- Central beam
- Hawk tech
- Boss seeders
- Graytill upgrades
- Keep sowing simple and low maintenance
- Single-pass spade and seed
- Second-hand seeder suits mixed cropping
- Home-made flexibility
- Seeding equipment: specifications by manufacturer – table
Why not become a member?
This report can be obtained through a Kondinin Group membership.
Our membership prices start at $315 per year.
Phone: 1800 677 761